Our Story Discover
Institute for Development and Innovation, IDEI, is a relative young non-governmental organization founded by young people, non-profit, which brings together the people who offer free adhesive material through their contribution, their knowledge and their own activities in their local community service. The Association operates under the laws of Romania and its statute. Institute for Development and Innovation aims to support and guide individuals and groups of people to identify resources and their full potential in order to create a social infrastructure. Team IDEI develops and implements projects financed from private sources and/or community. The organisation has a strategy focused on developing partnerships for the implementation of projects, both nationally with public and private institutions, as well as at International level in order to provide an infrastructure of cooperation for innovation and exchange of best practices.
OCTAVIAN ALEXANDRU BERCEANU
Octavian has more than 20 years of experience in Environmental management, being also an activist in Uniti Salvam group, vice president of the Institute for Development and Innovation – IDEI, former developer of private forest management companies, former expert of the National Forestry Board in the fight against Forest illegal cuts and poaching, head of the Guard and Protection of Forests Bureau – RNP Bucharest, forest engineer involved in the Copşa Mică Ecological Reconstruction, Sibiu. His experience and expertise brought him in the current Counselor position of Local Council Sector 6 Bucharest, for the period 2016-2019.
Adrian, is working from more than 10 years as a international freelancer, project manager and consultant in EU funds. He started in 2005 helping small business to develop by accessing governmental funds.
In 2012 he started working in the educational field, writing bids and helping international organisations to develop, by using EU funding.
Adrian has a master degree on project management for European Union funds, and has worked as a project manager and consultant on more than 50 projects.
About IDEI We actively support the development of Civil Society and European integration issues through projects, events, media and publications.
Institute for Development and Innovation aim to support and guide individuals and groups of people to identify resources and their full potential in order to achieve balance work / life for an ecologically sustainable society in terms of socially oriented development needs human individual . The Association has the following objectives:
• Create a social infrastructure for sustainable personal and professional development , counseling and coaching NLP , accessible to all members of society , both for young people, involved in the work process and for disadvantaged social categories , unemployed , people with disabilities and weakness.
• Modernization of the Romanian society , through its sustainable development based on principles of knowledge, performance , and social ecology by increasing individual society members equal opportunities to a better life .
Specialists IDEI develops and implements projects financed from private sources and/or community. Institute for Development and Innovation has a strategy focused on developing partnerships for the implementation of projects, both nationally with public and private institutions, as well as at European level in order to provide an infrastructure of cooperation for innovation and exchange of best practices.
IDEI provided international projects like ENTERPRISE 2013, International training course located in Bacau, Romania on November 8th – 16th, 2013 with the eligible countries: Bulgaria, Cyprus, Denmark, Greece, Netherlands, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Turkey and the main donor was Youth in Action (Romanian NA, Action 4.3), where were many organisations involved from various fields.
IDEI team organised another international project, on April 4th – 13th 2014, MEGAPHONE, an international training course located in Slanic Moldova, Romania, organizer: Institute for Innovation and Development Romania (IDEI) and the main donor: Youth in Action (NA Romania, Action 3.1 – EPYW) with partner countries: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Hungary, Poland, Romania, Spain.
,,Sporting Changemakers”-International training course on initiating the use of inclusive sport activities for active involvement of young people in society, on 19-26 October 2014, Slanic Moldova, ROMANIA, participants from: Bulgaria, Cyprus, Italy, Malta, Poland, Romania, Slovak Republic, Spain, Turkey, this project was financed with the help of ERASMUS + funds.
Each of our projects are led by our team of experts in their respective fields, who guide the participants to achieve competence and skills. Using a passionate and dynamic approach to training, our team and guest trainers empower participants by providing tangible support- with practical exercises through each course to help them achieve the knowledge required to meet individual and organisational targets. We have been partners and we sent participants to different international training courses like: Be a Citizen ! Act for your Employability! – France 2014, TIC-TAC Oslo, Norway, Neet2Neet Project- Padova, Italy, Roma cultural discovery through Europe Boulogne-sur-Mer, France, Sports open minds, Kielce, Leaders are here-UK.
In the local community several projects have been successful implemented with the help and implication of the community. Promoting the traditional and local products of GAL Valea Muntelui in a 3-Days Fair. Fundraising and crowdfunding for helping children and their families in need. An English meeting club with the purpose to improve the conversational English. Training courses for writing projects in the Erasmus + context. Non-formal education methods and instruments, a 2 Days camping training course.
We have been actively implicated as partners in: Youth tournament of football, promoting teamwork between different Primary schools in Comanesti-Bacau, ‘Save the forest’ it was a national initiative to save the Romanian forests by promoting a petition against corrupted legislations that permit illegal logging of the trees in the Carpathian Mountains.
- Gender equality, equity and inclusiveness. IDEI will lead by example in promoting behavioural change and actions that will reduce power inequalities between genders, tackle barriers to equal participation of young men and women, and to increase the inclusiveness of youth with disabilities and from ethnic minorities.
- Good governance: IDEI will communicate openly and operate transparently and with accountability to its youth members and stakeholders.
- Collaboration and partnership: IDEI will encourage and facilitate the participation by youth, NGOs, CSOs, the private sector, government institutions, and development partners in the planning and implementation of its activities.
- Integrity and accountability: IDEI will listen and respond to the voices of youth and will strive to conduct its activities with efficiency and effectiveness and to a high professional standard.
- Innovative: IDEI open to new ideas from all our stakeholder, especially our youth members embrace change and take disciplined risk to develop sustainable solution for and with youth.
- Ambition: Both as organization and individual staff members, we set ourselves and our colleagues high standards and are committed to improve quality of everything we do for our target beneficiaries.
GET IN TOUCH
Do you have enquiries regarding Partnerships, Projects or Opportunities for young people please contact us. Please get in touch with us to find out what we can do together. We are more than happy to help.
Fill in the form below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.